Here are my writer’s guidelines:
1. Become a follower and reader of this blog.
YOU MAY ALSO WISH TO JOIN MY MAILING LIST HTTP://EEPURL.COM/BMKAL5
2. Read and follow my guidelines.
3. Submit your best headline idea and outline in the email body. I will respond and do one of the following:
- Decline topic
- Suggest alterations before approval
- Make an assignment
4. Receiving an assignment is not a guarantee of publication. Article is still subject to final approval.
5. I will try to schedule on your preferred date. Please give me at least a week or two lead time.
6. I prefer 500-1000 word guest posts (unless a longer length we agree upon).
7. On the day your post goes up, please check in and respond to comments. Part of what I want is you helping to drive social media engagement and sharing of the post.
How to get your post idea accepted
Some great ideas:
Firsthand, practical advice about some creative way to get published and/or increase your freelance writing income.
Your personal story about growing your writing income or improving your skills.
The story behind your story–what led to a particular piece of successful writing.
Smartphone apps that help you as a writer.
I hope you’ll send me a guest post soon. Let’s share best practices.